WordPress sent me a message stating that it is my One Year Anniversary with them. Hard for me to believe it’s been that long already.
For me, progress has been slow but it has been steady. Not too shabby for someone who has a 40 hour work-week, helps to care for a 103-year old, and write in between!
I will share a few stats from the last 12 months:
- 49 original posts (after taking a couple of posts down).
- 390 likes
- 539 faithful followers – WordPress, FaceBook, Bloglovin’, Twitter
- 3,220 views to date – U.S. being number one, followed by Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, Philippines, Netherlands, India, Puerto Rico, Greece, Kenya, Russian Federation, Singapore, France, Ireland …
- The most viewed post besides the About Me page is The Day the Earth Stood Still
- The second most viewed post is Mi Boricuan Familia
- And tied for third most viewed posts are The Little Green Dress and I No Spic Inglish
- Most commented was The Little Green Dress
- Most popular topics were: memoir, alcoholism, dysfunctional, prayer
- My top commenter: Sandy Brockhausen
My followers know that I have completed an 88,000 word-count manuscript, which I am desiring to publish, currently titled, “Running in Heels – A Memoir of Grit and Grace.” The “experts” say that a newbie (yours truly) should have a writers platform. I started a FaceBook writers page and–one year ago–began blogging about past and current events.
I’ve been especially happy since signing up with WordPress.com for its user friendliness and it being easy to navigate.
From time to time, I do include short excerpts from my manuscript, and to my delight, you readers are wanting and asking for more. This is good! Since I have started blogging, I have re-connected with friends, acquaintances, and yes, family members from across the miles. I have made many new friends and fellow-bloggers who not only take the time to read, but to leave positive comments and inspiring feedback. This is great!
Bottom line: I feel blessed beyond measure. And I appreciate each and every one of you for visiting my site–new comers and old–and sticking with me throughout this journey to the finish line. My one regret? That I didn’t start blogging sooner.
Feel free to leave a comment about topics that interest you most.
Thank you again for your support and following this blog – from my heart to yours.
~ Mary A. Perez